It is hard to believe that we are fast approaching the middle of the year and going into our first month of Winter. Though we don’t suffer the extremities of the cold like other areas, the cooler weather provides a great opportunity to prepare our homes for the cosy nights ahead.
- Insulating your home is the most efficient way to keep the warmth in. Insulation can help with weatherproofing and eliminate moisture problems as well as have soundproofing qualities.
- There is nothing worse than snuggling on the couch when you can feel that dreaded draught blowing in from somewhere. Check doors and windows, skirting boards and cornices, even gaps between the floorboards. Replace seals, use draught stoppers and seal gaps. This will help save on electricity bills too!
- Shut out that cold night air by closing blinds and curtains as soon as the sun sets, to help keep the warmth from the day inside.
- Utilise the Winter setting on ceiling fans. This help keeps the warm air down, especially great in rooms with high ceilings.
- Change with the season! Is your wardrobe bulging at the seams with all your year round clothing? Unless you are fortunate enough to have a huge walk-in wardrobe, you might like to rent one of our small self-storage units. It is quite common for customers to not only store seasonal wardrobes but home decor as well. Clear the clutter and let your wardrobe and cupboards breathe!
- You may even have outdoor furniture and a bbq which may not be in use over Winter. Rather than let it sit outside in the weather growing mould, you can bring it into the garage. If you don’t have the space, consider one of our small storage units for the Winter months. The investment will far outweigh the cost of having to replace these items for Summer.
Still not too cold for surfing, stand up paddle boarding, kayaking and going for long leisurely walks in our beautiful Winter sunshine! So make the most of it!